Oakland-based Sustainable Economies Law Center has been hard at work for about a year now. In fact they have been so busy helping to facilitate and shape the new economy that they haven’t yet had a chance to celebrate–until now. Come out November 8 to celebrate and meet the folks at the cutting edge!
When: November 8th, 6:30pm
Where: At The Hub, 2150 Allston Way, 4th Floor, Berkeley
Please RSVP by emailing Janelle Orsi at Janelle.SELC@gmail.com
* Featured Speaker: Michael Shuman, author of The Small Mart Revolution: How Local Businesses Are Beating the Competition, and Director of Research and Economic Development at BALLE (Business Alliance for Local Living Economies)
* Cartoons: A cartoon guide to Sustainable Economies, presented by Janelle Orsi, SELC Co-Director and author of The Sharing Solution
* Starting a Movement: What SELC is doing and how you can collaborate, presented by Jenny Kassan, SELC Co-Director and CEO of Cutting Edge Capital
* Free Books and Flamboyant Squash: Yes, squash! Take home books on sustainable economies and beautiful winter squash from local farms!
* Food: Seasonal salads, snacks from local artisan chefs, and other treats!
What are we celebrating? The Sustainable Economies Law Center is facilitating the explosion of new economies enabled by sharing, cooperatives, barter, local investing, community-supported enterprises, local currencies, cohousing, and urban agriculture! This year, we began laying the organizational groundwork, along with a team of interns and a growing network of collaborators. We are now preparing to launch SELC into many more years of developing resources and serving communities in the transition to sustainable economies!